There are several internet providers in the North Georgia Mountains, but how it will be delivered and at what speed depends on where your property is located.
A quick way to determine what is offered in your particular zip code can be found on this website: http://broadbandnow.com/
In all cases to see what speed you can get you have to contact the internet provider and give them the specific address of the home and they can tell you what speeds you can get at a particular address. The internet possibilities up here in the North Georgia Mountains are as follows (the first 4 are wired services, the last two are satellite possibilities):
- TDS Telecom – This is the main telephone company in Fannin County (Blue Ridge, Mineral Bluff, Morganton, Epworth, McCaysville, Suches).
- Ellijay Telephone Company – This is the main telephone company in Gilmer County (Ellijay) but they also service almost all of Fannin County where they have also become a popular choice.
- Windstream Telecommunications – This is the main telephone company in Union County (Blairsville, parts of Suches).
- Blue Ridge Mountain EMC – This is the main electricity provider in the eastern portions of Fannin County, Union County and Towns County. They also have laid some fiber optic lines with real good high speed service, but it is mostly limited to homes near a main road. There is a map of their Fiber optic lines here: https://brmemc.com/Broadband_Availability
- DISH Satellite High Speed Internet (HughesNet)
I hope this helps you in your search for a home in the North Georgia Mountains,
Steve, “Your Friend In Real Estate”